Friday, November 4, 2011

I Choose

Last night I was able to take part in a parent workshop provided by the Girl's school PTA.  I am still working on re wiring my brain so I will be able to talk to the Girls and have them LISTEN to what is said.  Hugging and our little rituals that we do was re enforced as a terrific thing to provide the girls with structure, letting them know that we love them, and it also helps with brain development.  

Interesting tid bit.  Physical touch is an important part of their emotion and intellectual development.  I was surprised to hear that a child needs 10 hugs per day for optimal brain development ~ so go find a little one and hug 'em quick ~ even if this may not be entirely accurate those hugs will not be for nothing ;)

Another thing that I love is this pledge that we said at the close of the workshop ..
 
I choose
To live by choice, not by chance,
To make changes, not excuses,
To be motivated, not manipulated,
To laugh instead of limit,
To learn from my mistakes,
To respond with humor, not react with horror,
To choose to listen and encourage,
To be constructive NOT destructive.

Now with some parenting tips and suggestions I will go forth and be able to talk to my kids so they will listen and talk to me ;)

Do you have any parenting books that you found to be a life saver for you and your family?

Ja matta ne,
Little Mochi


No comments:

Post a Comment