Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Spa treatment Honey Cinnamon Mask

I am always on the lookout for something diy for skin or hair and I found another quick easy face mask/cleaner.  
 Look in your pantry and I am positive you have these guys just sitting there doing nothing until November rolls around for your yearly baking bonanza.  Lets see if we can find some use for them with a home treatment for your lovely skin.
The original recipe called for 2 Tbs of honey and 1 tsp of Nutmeg and Cinnamon.  I found that the combination of these guys created a very pungent aroma that I could not take after about 10 minutes.  The next time I just used 1 Tbs of honey and 1 tsp of cinnamon.

The honey and nutmeg are great for reducing redness and inflammation another plus is that they are great for soothing acne scars and preventing infection.  When you go to wash this off the cinnamon and nutmeg act as an exfoliate for your skin.

 Find a combination that you like and mix together to resemble a paste like mixture ~ looks like mine comes out a bit runny not sure exactly why and will use a tad less honey to see if it helps.

Me with the face mask on waiting the 30 minutes for it to set.  Now since it is a bit on the runny side and I am in a warm house it was a little drippy in the beginning so keep a towel close while you are waiting for this stuff to work its magic.
Our little Munchkins DO NOT like this mask!  Pumpkins cries for me to take it off ~ she says it is scary and her sisters wholeheartedly agreed with her.

Ja matta ne,
Little Mochi
^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment