Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Matcha Shortbread Cookies

I have found a very simple and delicious Matcha Shortbread recipe at Taste Spotting this morning and I just had to make them.  My Mom was kind enough to give me some of her favorite Matcha tea during her last visit and I knew that they would make a lovely cookie.  I do not have the powder but a loose type of tea and it made for a very lovely speckled effect.  


I think I will be making these cookies from here on out. It has the Scottish shortbread paired with the Japanese tea ~ bit of each of the girls heritage mixed into one.  Proof is in the Pudding... Pumpkin just had to have her taste test and as you can see she inhaled her cookie!


Please hop over to Kirbie Cravings to get the recipe and whip up a batch for your friends and family.  I know that I am going to make another batch to freeze for my Mom and to send to the Girls teachers~ oh and of course for Pumpkin and her sisters :)

Happy Baking ;)
Ja matta ne,
Little Mochi


No comments:

Post a Comment