Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Itadaki-masu~ Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

My new favorite food find on the net is  Tastespotting.com .  I have been leaving little pools of drool by the keyboard most days I visit.  So, to make my visits productive and not just get my fill of foodie photography I  will be taking one recipe or two each week and giving it a go.  This week's cooking adventure will be the Cranberry Chocolate Chip cookies I made over the Thanksgiving break.
 These little guys bake up so pretty and contain two of my favorite things... chocolate and cranberries.  The recipe is very simple and I made only a few adjustments from the original, not that daring of a baker yet ;)   My only mishap was when we started chopping the berries, I had berries bouncing and rolling all over the kitchen.  I swear there needs to be warning sirens when I put my apron on.  I will be getting some more berries to freeze so we can have this nummy treat all year.  Even Hubby, non cranberry lover, was pleasantly surprised and I kept catching him sneaking a cookie or two ;p 


Itadaki-masu !

Adapted from Korean American Mommy

Cranberry Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients
1-1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs flax seed
1 c old fashion oats
1-1/2 c chocolate chips
1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Cream butter and sugars.  Add egg then vanilla with mixer or by hand.
2. Sift together flour,salt,baking soda, cinnamon, and flax seeds {not sure about you guys but most of my seeds were left in the sifter thingy so not exactly sure how much made it into the bowl} and add to butter mixture.  Add the oatmeal blend well.  Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries and blend well.
3.  Using scoop drop 2 inches apart and bake for 16 minutes.
4.  Cool and then enjoy with milk or tea {chocolate and tea make lovely partners ;)}


Ja matta ne,
Little Mochi

No comments:

Post a Comment