Friday, April 22, 2011

Bedtime story ~ The Search For Wandla

 I used to read countless Dr. Seuss books and then moved to several of Grimm's Fairy Tales at bedtime for the Girls. Please do not get me wrong, I love reading to the Girls.  But, in an effort to not  read the same stories over and over again  I started reading LARGE chapter books.  This month I started reading a book Squirt picked out at the book store to read, The Search for Wandla. The story may be a bit too old for Pumpkin but she is the first one to request I read another chapter so she can find out what happens to Eva Nine. I love that the chapters have been quick and the world that is created is intriguing so far. We are not that far into the story to really form an opinion but the journey of Eva Nine from her subterranean home to find other humans is sure to bring some adventure and new friends to our nightly story time.

Ja matta ne,
Little Mochi

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
    I may have to start doing this for my 4-year old. as we tend to read the same books over and over.

    ReplyDelete