Monday, April 5, 2010

Lunch time!

This is one of my all time favorite lunch dishes, besides a good ole' bowl of Miso soup. I did not grow up eating a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch but I did eat this .......
Sorry I do not have a better photo but, Hubby was HUNGRY!!!


Every time we have this dish it reminds me of happy memories and family, strange how food can do that.  Very similar to my other recipe posts this is really simple and I am not sure if it has a name.


  All you need is Somen (thin Japanese noodles), fresh spinach ( 'cuz it is just better) and bacon (YUM).  The amount is all dependent on your personal taste and how many you are cooking for.

Somen noodles are thin and cook very quickly.  Bring water to a boil and add noodles.  These guys will start to roll to the top and cook for two to three minutes.  Once done pop them into a colander and run cold water over them and set aside till needed.



I personally slice the bacon to little bits to help spread the love among all the noodles and spinach.

Cook the lovely bacon till it is just about crispy, if you go too long it will leave hard crumbly bits of bacon in your somen.  Once it is happy, remove bacon and drain on a paper towel and pour off the fat in the pan.



Take your healthy portion of this dish that has been sliced into thin strips and start to wilt them in the pan after all the fat has been drained off. Add the noodles and bacon and mix well.  Be sure to watch that your noodles do not stick, I have had this happen many a time :) Tip: make sure the noodles are rinsed in cold water and not sticky when you add them to the pan. (hope that makes sense)

Remove from heat and enjoy!



Ja matta ne,
Little Mochi

No comments:

Post a Comment