Monday, February 8, 2010

Mommy! What's for snaaack?!?!

I could be wrong, but, every Mommy will hear "What's for snaaack?!!?" as soon as the kiddos come home from school. The girls and I have found a new favorite and thought why not share?!?!

Here are your cast members :) 


First grab one of your kiddos brown paper lunch bag or you could do what I did in a pinch... I  used one of those small paper bags the girls always ask for  in the check out line for puppets and the like.  Add a 1/4 cup of popping corn kernels to the paper bag.



Drizzle 1 tsp - 2 tsp of olive oil on the kernels and a sprinkle of sea salt - you can use pop corn salt or seasonings if you like



Fold over the top of the bag a few times and then get a kiddo to shake shake shake :)  Reminds me of those old Shake and Bake commercials. 

Pop it into the microwave oven for 2.5 minutes - times may vary this is what we found to work.
Volia!  Enjoy the squeals of delight as they dig in to their well earned snack after a hard day at school.



P. S. For added fun you could do some popcorn painting... I know how fun.  Take some milk and mix in food coloring and then let the kiddos lose and see the wonderful rainbows.  My kiddos are just too impatient to make them pretty to eat.  They would rather eat the popcorn then just do some plain ole watercolors in their sketch pads. 

1 comment: