Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Family

Oh my Goodness!  I think I have found a new hobby and I am soooo excited.  Wanna know what it is ?!?!? Hand Embroidery.  This is something that I found after trying quilting, crotchet, and knitting.  To this day I remember my Mom making the most amazing creations when she crotchet or knitted in the evening.  I wanted to have this little tradition of sorts for my little Munchkins as well.  They call it "needling" and love to see it go from a sketch on my paper to a finished project. The internet has provided instruction, patterns, and ideas for my projects.  The first one that I completed was an idea taken from plaques that commemorate the year of your marriage with a Little Mochi twist.  I love that this project forced me to explore sketching, which is something that scared me.  I mean I can draw one awesome stick figure but to make a rendition of Hubby and I was daunting.  I took my inspiration from kokeshi dolls and this is what I came up with.


So what do you think?!?!  I have a new project in the works right now.  It is one of the whole family and I can not wait to get it completed and framed.  I will post it once it is complete.


Ja matta ne,
Little Mochi

No comments:

Post a Comment